[rsbac] Debian Package for admin tools

Peter Busser peter at adamantix.org
Sun Nov 30 19:40:11 CET 2003

Hi!

The debian/* files in rsbac-admin-1.2.2 are from 1.2.1-pre5. I forgot to send
an updated version to Amon before v1.2.2 final was released. It should not be
too difficult to make it work though.

On Sat, Nov 29, 2003 at 04:00:42PM +0100, Stefan Berthold wrote:
> Once upon a time, I heard Michal Medvecky say:
> > http://www.trustica.cz/debs/
>
> Thank you, it works for now. I started playing around with it, but for
> productive systems I want to compile it myself.

You can simply apt-get the source from an Adamantix mirror and compile that. It
should work.

> We will see how fast I will have migrated my home system from a normal
> Debian distribution to a RSBAC secured kernel.

You will be able to do that much faster in the future. There will be a
kernel-patch package containing the diff between the Adamantix kernel-source
and the Debian kernel-source packages (i.e. you can create your own Adamantix
kernel source tree). The Adamantix kernel comes with RSBAC prepatched (with two
small modifications). And the Adamantix rsbac-admin package will be uploaded
too. I'm not sure when they will be available, but it should not take too long
I guess.

Groetjes,
Peter Busser
--
The Adamantix Project
Taking high-security Linux out of the labs, and into the real world