[rsbac] question about the PM model

Chris Wesdorp chriswesdorp at planet.nl
Sat Mar 22 00:42:52 MET 2003

Sebastian wrote:

>as far I know DRM has some rights and data is encrypted, PM model has rights
>and is data is not encrypted.
>for DRM you can get a key and look at the data, PM is user dependant
>DRM is microsfot, PM is ....

and fill in the blanks. I last saw a preview of DRM, for example. When i
send a mail to my college and i don't want him to copy parts of it i can
secure the mail and functions like copy-past, screen-shot and forward
don't work anymore. For what i understand this can also be done with PM.

What's the difference in controling rights with PM and DRM? Can i send
data to a user with some description of the rights what the receiving
user may do with this data?