[rsbac] Problem with compiling rsbac-admin-v1.21

Amon Ott ao at rsbac.org
Mon Jul 21 11:02:23 MEST 2003

On Sunday, 20. July 2003 15:07, Patrique Wolfrum wrote:
> (Here a little side-question: Has someone tried successfully to patch a
Suse-kernel ?)

People have tried, but it was some time ago. I cannot recall whether it was
successful - for security reasons I recommend not to use such a heavily
patched kernel.

> As we tried to compile the admin-tools for rsbac (according the
install-documentation on the website), we got the following error-message
during 'make':

> acl_grant.o(.text+0x45c): In function 'process'.
> /inst/rsbac-admin-v1.2.1/src/acl_grant.c:183 undefined reference to 'errno'
> librsbac.a(syscall_wrapper.o)(.text+0x23): In function 'rsbac':
> undefined reference to 'errno'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make[2] *** [acl_grant] Error 1
>
> We then tried this on a second computer with Redhat 9.0 installed. Again
the same result.
> But with a system with Redhat 8.0 installed (my home-server), the compile
went without any problems.

> After this, we thought of the problem is probably related to the version of
the GCC used (Suse 8.2 uses GCC 3.33 and Redhat 9 GCC 3.22, while Redhat 8.0
uses 3.2). So perhaps there is a problem with RSBAC and newer GCC-versions.

> Has someone else encountered this problem ?
> If our assumption is not correct, what can cause this problem and how can
we get the admin-tools compiled ?

Please add the line
       #include <errno.h>
to <kerneldir>/include/rsbac/syscalls.h and retry.