[rsbac] understanding concepts

Amon Ott ao at rsbac.org
Thu Jan 23 15:29:35 MET 2003

On Thursday 23 January 2003 11:04, Josh Beagley wrote:
> I have seen reference to 'auth protection for RC' and similar things. I am
> having some trouble understaning how this works. Auth model somehow
> compliments RC? RC appears as an option within RC?

AUTH controls what user ids can be used in the system. This is critical for
all models, so before all changes to AUTH caps a MODIFY_ATTRIBUTE request for
pseudo attribute type auth_set_cap must be granted by all modules.

The kernel options specify, whether a specific module should handle these
requests. RC applies the rights set for SCD special target
auth_administration, so you can have special roles with rights for AUTH
administration.

> Also, I recently got a domain name and good hosting, and can serve as a
> mirror for rsbac.orf files if needed.

Yes, please. A mirror at the other end of the world could be useful for
easier downloads. I can also setup an alias name au.rsbac.org for any target
url.