NFS and ISO 9660 support (Re: [rsbac] quotacheck versus rsbac.dat)

Amon Ott rsbac@rsbac.org
Thu Jan 2 15:16:01 2003

On Thursday 02 January 2003 13:25, Peter Busser wrote:
> > Additionally, you will find the updated RSBAC auto-mount support, which
> > should solve all problems with 'Could not lookup device' messages
specially
> > with initrd.
>
> Is it possible to use NFS or ISO 9660 to store RSBAC information? I know NFS
> as such is highly insecure. But it could be something for demonstration
and/or
> testing purposes.

Don't know now. We would need extended attributes of variable sizes for the
filesystem object attributes.

You might have seen that an outlook for distributed RSBAC is part of my
on-going dissertation. An implementation would need a mechanism to distribute
attributes, too.