[rsbac] restricting network access

Andreas Baetz lac01 at web.de
Wed Dec 17 09:00:18 CET 2003

I want to restrict the browser to only to be able to connect to port 80 of any server and doing dns queries.

So I did the following:
- created a role "browser"
- created a network object "browser_NO"
- created a network template definition "tcp_80" with
	address family 	INET
	socket type 	ANY
	address		0.0.0.0
	valid legth		0
	protocol		TCP
	min port		80
	max port		80
- set the network temp attributes of "tcp_80":
	RC Type		browser_NO
	RC Type NT	General NETTEMP
- created a network template definition "udp_53" with
	address family 	INET
	socket type 	ANY
	address		0.0.0.0
	valid legth		0
	protocol		UDP
	min port		53
	max port		53
- set the network temp attributes of "udp_53":
	RC Type		browser_NO
	RC Type NT	General NETTEMP
- set the Type comp NETOBJ for Role "browser"
	General_NETOBJ	unset all
	browser_NO		set Read-Write-R.

When i enter an URL into the browser, it does not work, and there comes a logging entry like:

Dec 17 08:45:16 kernel: rsbac_adf_request(): request SEND, pid 14793, ppid 14791,
prog_name MozillaFirebird, uid xxx, target_type NETOBJ, tid dfd77e34
INET DGRAM proto UDP local eth0:(local_address):34976 remote (DNS-Server):13568, attr , value 0, result NOT_GRANTED by RC

Why is that ? What does it do with port 13568 of the dns server ?
If I open General_NETOBJ and sniff the netowrk, it works and there is only UDP traffic to port 53 of the dns Server.

Andreas Baetz