[rsbac] Take ownership concepts

Mathew Johnston rsbac@rsbac.org
Wed Nov 13 04:01:11 2002

Is there a way to allow another user to take ownership of a file? I
think that allowing a 'take ownership' mechanism would be awesome - it
would mean that an MTA could be written such that it can deliver to home
directories, and let users take ownership of the files it creates. This
means no more root privilige for MTAs. Can anyone think of another
elegant solution to the problem? My premise is that I do not believe
that a user should EVER impersonate another user to create files in
their name. Obviously, we'll still need to have chuid, as how else would
unix work? heh.

Mat.