[rsbac] Identify problem

rsbac@rsbac.org rsbac@rsbac.org
Thu May 9 17:01:02 2002

--=_alternative 00524060C1256BB4_=

Dear members,

I have the following problem. I try to defend courier-mta and achieved a
lot of success but with Unix sockets I have problem.
How could I identify them accurate? I do not want to create a general unix
socket type and grant a lot of rights to it. Instead I would like to
precisely define what sockets it can connect to.

In some cases it is trackable with strace, lsof and so on (e.g. courier
want a /var/spool/courier/tmp/socket.tmp or similar) but sometimes it is
extreme hard (at least for me).

Could you put down a clue for me?

Other problem: how can I grant rights for roles to /proc ? Its inode is
obviously changing after every reboot. Should I set all other files to
different types or there is a simplier solution?

Sincerely yours,
Gabor Horvath

Example:
9 16:44:15 rex kernel: rsbac_adf_request(): request CONNECT, caller_pid
8068, caller_prog_name sh, caller_uid 0, target-type NETOBJ, tid cf990360
UNIX STREAM, attr none, value 0, result NOT_GRANTED by RC
May  9 16:44:15 rex kernel: rsbac_adf_request(): request CREATE,
caller_pid 8073, caller_prog_name logger, caller_uid 0, target-type
NETOBJ, tid cf990360 UNIX DGRAM, attr none, value 0, result NOT_GRANTED by
RC