[rsbac] syscall wrapper (was 1.1.2 and 2.4.18)

Amon Ott rsbac@rsbac.org
Wed Mar 20 16:49:01 2002

On Tuesday, 12. March 2002 21:54, Stephen Smalley wrote:
> Reimplementing the RSBAC calls using the generic security call number and
> API can be viewed separately from the issue of porting RSBAC to LSM.  Even
> if you never port to LSM, multiplexing your calls through a single call
> that uses the __NR_security syscall number protects you against future
> conflicts.  And, if you later port to LSM, using that number and using
> the LSM-defined API for the call will ensure compatibility across the LSM
> port.

If have just finished the syscall wrapper on syscall NR_security and it seems
to work as expected under 2.2.20 and 2.4.18. This will hopefully avoid
further conflicts in this area.

I have no idea how much it will influence performance, but RSBAC syscalls are
not used too often anyway.

http://www.rsbac.org