[rsbac] 1.1.2 and 2.4.18

Amon Ott rsbac@rsbac.org
Tue, 12 Mar 2002 18:26:44 +0100

On Tuesday, 12. March 2002 18:05, Stephen Smalley wrote:
> On Tue, 12 Mar 2002, Amon Ott wrote:
> > On Tuesday, 12. March 2002 13:09, Paul D. Robertson wrote:
> > > I don't suppose it's possible to get the RSBAC calls into the
> > > official reserved list?
> >
> > Pretty unlikely. There usually only appear one or two, which are likely
> > to be used by official stuff in one of the next versions.
>
> You might want to consider reimplementing your RSBAC calls via the generic
> security system call added by the Linux Security Modules (LSM) project.
> It has already been reserved in the mainstream kernel.

Will LSM be included into the 2.4 series then, or are the syscalls only
reserved for compatibility?

There are many issues involved in the LSM port, it will sure not be easy. I
have already told on this list that it will be investigated more closely when
there is sufficient room on my agenda. The new 1.2.0 version, maybe even
1.2.1 will come first.

http://www.rsbac.org