[rsbac] rsbac_menu crashes on ncurses-4

Amon Ott rsbac@rsbac.org
Mon Jul 1 15:40:01 2002

On Monday, 1. July 2002 11:02, Tony den Haan wrote:
> On Mon, 1 Jul 2002, Amon Ott wrote:
>
> > On Saturday, 29. June 2002 21:58, Tony den Haan wrote:
> > > i got very ugly crashes using rsbac-admin-v1.2.0 menus on a system with
> > > ncurses-4.
> > > upgrading to 5 solved the problem.
> > > i don't know if this can be autodetected or warning in docs, whatever?
> >
> > I am unhappy with rsbac_dialog anyway, because it does not work correctly
> > with framebuffers. These crashes make things sure worse.
> >
> > I will look for cdialog updates and put them in.
> >
> > What exactly happens, does your system blow up or does only the menu
process
> > die?
>
> it crashes, killing terminal, i have to type reset to get it working again
> building against ncurses 5 solved the thing, but still.
> maybe in dialog 0.9x things get better, last i tried  was this 0.61a
> dialog in general still seems rather messy, i was looking into python for
> dialog alikes, but there too things don't look too good just yet.

For the next 1.2.1-pre I have removed rsbac_dialog and use the dialog command
again, but: you need a fairly recent dialog with --help-button option. The
latest release 0.9b-20020519 is now in the admin tool contrib dir and can
thus be compiled with individual settings.

AFAIK, there is no official Xdialog with this option yet, but the ALTLinux
people have one. Stanislav?

http://www.rsbac.org