[rsbac] quotacheck versus rsbac.dat

Pallai Roland rsbac@rsbac.org
Sat Dec 28 00:01:03 2002

On 27 Dec 2002, cnf wrote:
> dont think so
>
> i tested on one of the user accounts with quota set to 100MB (102400k)
> and tried copying a divx to the users homedir as that user
>
> quota cut it off at exactly 100 MB (102400k)
>
> so it seems to work adequatly ...
>
> anyone else have a different experience with this ?
 quotas *works* if quota.user/quota.group already exist.. but I can't set
up a new partition cause quotacheck fails on rsbac.dat, and refuse to make
quota.* files!

> all it sais is Cannot get exact used space... Results MIGHT be
> inaccurate.
 hm.. sure if there's an rsbac.dat? :)  version of quotacheck?

> On Fri, 2002-12-27 at 13:04, Amon Ott wrote:
> > On Monday 23 December 2002 19:02, Pallai Roland wrote:
> > >  the quotacheck doesn't run on partitions which have rsbac.dat and rsbac
> > > is enabled.. it's a big problem for me, makes impossible to use disk
> > > quotas with rsbac..
> > > [...]
> > It would need some ugly code to actually hide the dir entries. Alternatively,
> > we could grant SEARCH, READ and GET_STATUS_DATA for the internal dirs and
> > files, but this option should not be on by default.
 it would be good for me

> > Does the quota check really fail completely just because of a single dir?
 my quotacheck version does.. it's sure.. and works fine on same partition
with a non-rsbac kernel

--
 DaP