[rsbac] Problems with OpenAFS and RSBAC

jochen rsbac@rsbac.org
Mon Dec 16 12:11:01 2002

Hi,

I'm trying to setup an OpenAFS cell on a machine running RSBAC 1.2.1, or
more detailed:

	* Linux 2.4.20, RSBAC 1.2.1, CryptoAPI 0.1.0,
	  super-FreeS/WAN 1.9-kb2
	* OpenAFS 1.2.7
	* Debian GNU/Linux SID

I encountered the following problem: the mounted AFS filesystem is
recognized as RSBAC-internal and thus cannot be accessed, e.g.

root@gw:~# mount | grep afs
AFS on /afs type afs (rw)
root@gw:~# umount /afs
rsbac_adf_request(): trial to access object declared RSBAC-internal!
rsbac_adf_request(): request UMOUNT, pid 12299, ppid 700, prog_name
umount, uid 0, target_type DIR, tid Device 00:08 Inode 0 Path /afs//,
attr none, value 0, result NOT_GRANTED by
umount: AFS: not found
umount: /afs: must be superuser to umount

btw, the error message for access to internal objects could default to
something like "NOT_GRANTED by rsbac" or something...

Is this a known problem? Do you need further information to trace down
the problem?

best regards
-- jochen