[rsbac] Help for NETxxx and CAPABILITIES

rsbac@rsbac.org rsbac@rsbac.org
Fri Apr 19 09:11:07 2002

--=_alternative 0025106EC1256BA0_=

Hello,

I have played a lot with earlier version of rsbac but due to the lack of
CAPs and real network controll I stopped the attempts. Now with 1.2.0pre
versions I took a look at it again.
I read the papers on www.rsbac.org (they didn't changed a lot) and found
only a little information about CAPs and network. I also read the
information in Documentation/rsbac.

But till now I am unable to do the following:
I made a usual RC role and types for bind. From the file ACL side it works
quite well, but I had to give permissions to GENERAL_NETOBJ and I do not
want to do it. I didn't know how to tell Named_RC_Role to use my
Named_NETOBJ.

To summarize it my goal is to not let use any other CAPs that is necessary
for it (just CAP_SETUID, CAP_SETGID, CAP_SYS_CHROOT,..) and restrict it to
use only specified interfaces and of course let it only bind to 53 and 953
ports.

PLEASE if someone could write a short example for the above one, I could
appreciate it. And I also think it would be great to have such an
information among the docus. (Now the menu driven would be great but I
used to use scripts for the tasks so perhaps those would also be useful).

Thank you well in advance.
Sincerely yours,
Gabor Horvath
ghorvath@minolta.hu